Thursday, July 06, 2006

Haiku attempt

After visiting Flash Flood's blog today, I just had to take up his challenge to publish a Haiku poem. See my links list for a link to the Flash Flood site. As I understand it, Haiku is a Japanese form of poetry constructed around the following rules:
1. The poem should be three lines long.
2. Line One should have five syllables.
3. Line Two should have seven syllables.
4. Line Three should have five syllables.

Ok, so here is my attempt:

Oh by the way, the theme was supposed to be "Writing".

Words ooze from the pen
Splash then freeze a thought expressed
Then edit, revise

3 Comments:

Blogger Flood said...

Hi Robert. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thanks for the link.

You did a fine haiku and even followed the rules, haha. I'll try a serious one for you.

pen on fire upon
humbled trees, seeking to be
a new work of art

(is fire one syllable or two?)

12:37 PM  
Blogger Robert Ball said...

Hi Flood. I enjoyed your "serious" hiaku - "humbled trees" has great imagery. Regarding "fire" it has just one syllable according to thefreedictionary.com where I usually go to check out definitions and such while on my trusty laptop.

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked yours!

Edit. Revise. So very true!

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home